Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

First let me start off by saying I've had a wonderful father's day! It started out a little rocky with a little  family scare but ended up great!
It being father's day I decided I would take a bath and soak in my new Jacuzzi tub and that would start my morning out right! So I started my bath and climbed in hoping for a peaceful soak.
At this point, let me add, I felt the way Colt Severs felt on the old TV show Fall Guy. For those of you who remember, he had a bathtub out in front of his house.  At the end of the episode (Colt's Angel), after catching the bad guy, he is out front soaking, and has a cigar in his mouth carving a wooden duck and everyone piles around him. He looks at them kinda funny and says; "what are you doing in my bathroom!" In another episode he says something to the effect that he's been in a burning building and rolled cars and would like just a little quiet time. Today I felt just like him. 
I had no more gotten sat down in my nice hot bath than my girls started banging on the door. "Daddy we are going to do laundry." "Daddy should we do colors?" "Daddy can you come start the washer?" After numerous attempts to ignore them I decided I would get out of my nice hot bath. All in all though, it was an awesome day. Grilled steaks for my dad, then came home and baked cookies. As always, I am very thankful for my awesome friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment